Though it hasn't quite sunk in yet, I'm turning 20 this weekend. I'm finally exiting those awkward teen years, for the most part unscathed, and am ready to take on a new decade of learning, growing, having fun, and ultimately making the most out of every year. After all, age is just a number...
And I hope I can still appreciate this train of thought 20 more years from now -- ha! But really, I'm excited to see what's in store. Plus, after Saturday, I can officially call myself a "twenty-something". It kind of feels like I'll be joining a super secret club where everybody has been hanging out without me. Woo!
Today I thought it would be fun to give you guys a glimpse at my wish list, as well as provide an updated list of 20 things I've learned by 20. I did this two years ago when I wrote 18 Things I Learned by 18, and it went over really well. I figured I'd combine all of the things I've been wanting to say about my 20th into one big post, so here it goes!:
(P.S. Follow on Snapchat @blondechiffon and Instagram for updates of this weekend! We're getting out of town and have some super fun stuff planned, so you'll definitely want to come along for the ride.)
Birthday wish list
I used to be obsessed with buying new phone cases, but I've kind of slowed down lately. My current case is getting pretty beat up, and I'd love to replace it with this pretty pink floral ban.do one.
I got an IPad last Christmas to use for school and blogging, but it doesn't get much attention without a keyboard; typing is WAY too slow without one. This metallic keyboard case I found online is perfect, and oh so fashionable!
I'm just starting to investigate the healing power of crystals, but regardless of their natural abilities, these necklaces are beautiful. I really want a green aventurine necklace, because I've read that this crystal can be particularly useful in boosting energy and promoting financial success. This would be very comforting to me, since I am graduating in the spring!
Lush bath bombs
If you guys have seen this pic, you know just how much I love LUSH. I always ask for these products on special occasions, because they're something that I wouldn't normally buy for myself. Instead, they are a rare treat that are so much fun to unwrap. This is also a great gift idea for people who want to buy me something small, but don't really know my personal style. You can't go wrong with anything from LUSH, and it's really up to the person doing the gifting on how much they want to spend. Even just one or two bath bombs goes a long way!
Custom fashion illustration
I've been seeing custom fashion illustrations popping up all over bloggers' Instagram feeds, and I love it! I think having an artistic representation of one of my favorite fashion photos from my blog would be so much fun. I'm also in the process of revamping my bedroom/workspace, so this is the perfect time to add a little art to my walls.
These sneakers are simply something that I've been eyeing to buy for myself for...wait for it...like two years. I still want them, I just never get around to actually purchasing them. I figured, why not add it to my wish list and finally get it out of the way?
The Naked Eyeshadow Palette is another item that I've been lusting after for some time. However, like LUSH products, it's not really something I could justify buying for myself. I don't need it, it'd just be fun to have. I often find that these are the best types of gifts, so naturally it made it on my list.
20 things I've learned by 20
Of course I've learned many more than 20 important lessons in my life, but here's a few of my top favorites:
1. Being kind to people goes a long way.
2. What goes around comes back around.
3. Sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
4. Don't stress about things you can't change.
5. It's important to learn at least one new thing every day.
6. Never pretend to be someone you're not.
7. You might not change the world, but you can change the world for one person.
8. Laughter is truly the best medicine, even in the worst of times.
9. You don't have to stop dreaming, but you do need to start doing.
10. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
11. Be reluctant in judging others, especially if you don't know their story.
12. It's okay to ask for help.
13. It's better late than never.
14. Being angry is a waste of time.
15. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
16. Put down your phone, and enjoy the people you're with (this one's a work in progress!).
17. Never settle for "good enough".
18. There's nothing quite like a good book.
19. You don't know until you try.
20. You're never too old to learn something new.
What important lessons did I miss? Is there anything you think I'd like that I should add to my wish list? Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to follow along this weekend on Snapchat (@blondechiffon) and Instagram!