2014 has been an eventful year for me. Moving out, starting college, getting an internship (more on that later) and launching The Blonde Chiffon website have all been ultra time consuming and craze inducing endeavors. What most people don't realize is how much time bloggers put into their sites. Between researching, writing, photographing and brainstorming, blogger life is intense, to say the least. And let me tell you, writing TBC is no different and the site did most definitely not happen overnight. Though TBC still has a long way to go in order to get it to where I want it to be, I respect how much I have learned in these past few months (TBC launched in October). Here is a collection of the best blogging advice I've seen so far, which has proved invaluable in the development of the TBC website and brand thus far:
1. 8 Ways to Boost Your Blog Traffic When You're Bored - I read this post shortly after I launched TBC and seriously value this info so much. Blogger burnout is real and sometimes we get lazy and just don't feel like creating content at the moment. However, we still want to be working on something because we are crazy entrepreneurial mofos. These 8 tips are easy ways to build your blog traffic from your bed.
2. Top 10 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid - Mmm I love a good "do not" post. While most of these no-nos seem like no-brainers, the number of bloggers (even some who are full-time and super successful) that make these little mistakes is astonishing. This is especially surprising because the mistakes are so easy to avoid (i.e. avoid typos by proofreading your posts, duh)
3. 10 Tips on Working From Home - So I pretty much stalk the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere by Emily Schuman. I love her inspirational posts on everything from beauty to hostessing. She doesn't typically write a lot of blog related tips, but I love this post in which she talks about working from home. Though I'm not a full-time blogger, I still have my days where I work on my blog at home all day. It's so easy to get distracted and Emily gives some great ideas to keep your creative juices flowing all day long.
4. The Truth About Blogging - Alright I'll admit, I'm completely obsessed with Lauryn Evarts and her blog The Skinny Confidential. I definitely believe that there's a blogger facade that most popular writers succumb to. This facade includes perfectly staged pictures that could easily pass in a book or magazine. Many writers will even hire professional photographers as they build a reputation! Like damn, bloggers have stepped up their game. I always find Lauryn to be super real on her blog though, and in this article she tackles the issue of the blogger facade and the realities of being a blogger, which is essential to anyone who wants to take their blog to the next level.
5. Social Media Tips to get More Traffic - You've heard it time and time again...social media is crucial to developing and retaining blog traffic. This post is really helpful in brainstorming a social media strategy, which is definitely something I'm looking forward to expanding upon in 2015!
What's the best blogging advice you've received this year? What advice do you wish someone had given you when you first started blogging? I'd love to hear your thoughts!